Tuesday 8 December 2009

Tilt and Turn

Had a successful place lay and was going to call it a day. But had an outstanding win back on a horse that started drifting. I stupidly followed the drift out with the expectation I could trade out pre-race with my stake but it kept drifting and I kept backing. Ended up with £2k commited and only managed to trade for a small amount in running. Bloody Tim Vaughan is as bent as anything ! Well that sent me on tilt. Backed another horse to trade in running and got distracted. Would have traded to easily for a win and place in running but when I got back it had led travelled well but finished unplaced. Ended up facing a £5k loss at one point but ground it back with some large lays to a small profit on the day.

Another lesson learnt and another big escape!

No comments:

Post a Comment